Monday, February 1, 2016

Looking ahead

First day of the week was also the first day of the month. February is here, in full force. Yahvie's school, Bijaya's job search as well as mine has hit full speed. I had an appointment with Max Connect this morning. It is a government job search agency. The meeting was more of a formality with couple of signatures in privacy forms and things like that. I created a profile on their online database to help with job search. I am supposed to apply at least 20 jobs per month and fill out all the information about them on the back of a handout they gave me. It is going to suck, hopefully I find a job. I updated my resume over the weekend. I put focus on my data analysis part of the job at Micron as I noticed there were quite a few Data Analyst jobs in Australia.

I also spent couple of hours today doing a free online course on solar energy by Solar Energy International(SEI). It is a beginner's course that is mandatory to all who want to take their advance classes.

Regarding my certification for solar energy, I am still undecided between $12k priced Penn State's  course or individual classes from SEI, which are also cheaper. It may take me sometime to decide on that. It is likely going to depend on what kind of job I end up finding and how soon. It also heavily depends on how well paid job my wife can find.

I have been reading "Autobiography of Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda for a week. I try to read
one hour every morning. The book teaches significance about spirituality, yoga and meditation. I don't fully grasp the message of the book due to difficulty in vocabulary. But every time I am able to make sense out of a sentence, it's divine and deep. The book is also written in Nepali which I plan on reading after finishing the English version. Here is a snippet of what I read today:

"Superstitious awe of astrology makes one an automaton, slavishly dependent on mechanical guidance. The wise man defeats his planets-which is to say, his past-by transferring his allegiance from the creation to the Creator. The more he realizes his unity with Spirit, the less he can be dominated by matter. The soul is ever-free; it is deathless because birth less. It cannot be regimented by stars." Page 157, Chapter 16 "Outwitting the Stars".

Long live the Spirit...



This was a restaurant I owned back in US. I was in love with it for 2 years, then sold it and moved to Nepal


No comments:

Post a Comment