Thursday, February 25, 2016

Scott Harris and The Entrepreneurs Club Melbourne

As I was surfing the net for information in the afternoon this last Tuesday, I came across a local entrepreneurs club from Melbourne in meetup. Soon I found out they were organizing an event featuring business coach Scott Harris in just few hours in Dockland. I had never heard of the guy before, nor did I know how to get to the venue (thanks google maps). I looked up Scott Harris quickly and found out he was indeed a great guy, with the likes of Sir. Richard Branson, Donald Trump and Anthony Robbins as his disciples. I had to go. The event started at 6:30pm. I RSVP'd online via meet up.

I left the State Library around 4:45pm. Stopped by at the Myer to get a pair of formal shirts and a tie for my interview the next day. Then, I stopped by at Meccas to grab a chicken burger and headed straight to Dockland. I must say the event was REAL. I am so glad I went. Below is the note I was able to take during Scotts' 2 hours long presentation.

The topic was How to Make Effective Decisions as an Entrepreneur

1. Rules are made to be followed. Examples: Relationship rules, health rules, wealth rules. Whose rules? Go figure.
2. You can't do everything in life but you can do anything.
3. Learn to take notes, it's good for brain growth. (Guess what?, I was taking notes of what he was saying when he said this)
4. Play full out:: Life is short, live it with kids, wife, family, friends everyone.
5. F.U.N. ::: Fully Utilize "NOW" Live in the present. Don't delay life, no "if-thens". Enjoy the splendors of this life to the fullest.
6. Your destiny is chosen the moment you take your decision.
7. Human beings are designed to survive, not thrive.


If you are serious about success and achievements in life, you gotta have your own core values of life set and figured out. Then, you need to ask yourself the following 3 questions:

1. Time::: where is my time going to go today?
2. $$$ ::: where is my $$ going to go today?
3. Focus/energy ::: where is my focus going to go today?

If you have too many choices to decide on where to spend your time/$$/energy, use the "core values" as your guiding principles.  Hope you don't have a bucket full of core values. Ideally, you want to limit your core values between 3-7 in total.

Now, in order to become a high achieving, high efficient, successful person that you always wanted to be in your life, do the following 3 things:

1. Planning: Once a week, take time off to plan your next week. For each day of the week, decide where you are going to invest your time/$$/energy. Make sure to pass everything through the filter of "core values" of your life. Planning, to paraphrase Scott, "gets more things done quicker". So, do this each week.

2. Scheduling: Once a month, take time off to schedule your weeks. Each of the weeks, focus on different things if that becomes a need. The point is not to miss anything that are important in the long run.

3. Designing: Also known as "Life Designing". Every 3 months, take time off to reflect on what you have achieved, what is lacking, and where you want to go? If you feel you are in the right track, keep moving. If you need to change course, shuffle priorities and re-adjust your speed and direction. Because life happens too quickly to lose track of things.

The whole point of doing this is to bring consciousness in your life. Use the best times of your day for the most important things. With higher and sharper consciousness, you can learn to live a meaningful and productive life. And when you are ready, seek help from the coaching gurus who can guide us to reach our destiny quicker, safer and with high certainty.





No comments:

Post a Comment