Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I am officially a Solar Sales man!!

In my post exactly a week ago, I had expressed a bit of frustration on my job search. Today, a week later, I accepted a job. What a difference a week can make? Amazingly beautiful.. And it couldn't have happened with a better company and a better boss. His name is Joe and owns a sales division of Chinese Solar manufacturer SSE. Joe has been in his business for about 3 years and has been installing solar domestically and internationally up to 1MW. He has years of Sales experience and is known to build successful sales team in multiple companies. As I have never done a "real" sales job before, except selling momos (dumplings) at a farmers market, I am really looking forward to getting trained from Joe and his team. Thank you Joe!!



I had two rounds of interviews for this job. I don't know how hard it is to get a sales job in solar, or in any industries for that matter, but this one is special for me. More than the earning prospects, I am excited to learn the basics ins and out in solar industry as much as possible. Working closely with an experienced team, I am sure I can learn a lot. I am also taking 4-day technical training in solar next month and then plan on taking technical sales class online after that. I had already planned for those classes before, in hopes to land a job in solar industry. Now that I already have a "job" in the industry, my goal is to have my first sales when I go for the 4-day training. I would love to share the story with everyone.

I feel well ahead of the schedule and it feels really good!!! Bring it on Australia!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment