Thursday, January 28, 2016

Change of thoughts

This past week, I spend my valuable time reading and learning more about drop shipping business. I watched every videos Anton send me via email. Slowly I realized how the internet had leveled the playing field in e-commerce. Anyone without any related background could do their own learning and by watching and learning from others alike that were already successful could write their own successful story. Although needless to say, without dedication and handwork nothing is possible. 

I was determined to work hard and, after 2 years of unemployment and to the point of being complete broke, I had no other choice but to give 100%. I had made up my mind to sign up for Anton's $1297 worth of training and go all in. It was last night. I had decided to sign up for the training around midnight after everyone was asleep including my daughter. I wanted to spend few hours and start training in the quiet hours of the night. But when the time came, I thought about the whole thing one more time. I was confused whether this was one of the many emotional calls I've had in my life or is this for real? Do I really want to spend that kind of money when I am broke? That's when I asked myself, what is it that I am looking to get out of this course that I can't find without paying for it? I thought for a while and asked again to myself, what is it that's stopping me to already get started even after learning so much already online? The answer was my product niche. Anton is not going to give me my product niche, so why am I secretly hoping that he would? Was that the reason I was getting excited about the course? May be I was. There is a lot more than just Niche selection in Anton's course but in reality I could learn most of those things on my own, mostly free. Anton does have his modules broken out and sign ups people separately for those modules, I thought may be I could sign up for the module I feel most valuable at significantly reduced price. Yes, I would have access to the forum for lifetime but $1300 for that? Without a niche? While I am broke? I thought I was crazy.
So I ended up not signing up his course for now. I decided when I come up with a niche product, I will try this again. I guess the question is which way is more effective "Do I sign up and get help from Anton to find a nice Or do I find a niche before I sign up?" What if you couldn't still zero in on a niche even after signing up? Trust me, your niche is all that matters. Rest can be learned, for free. I just need to spend more time finding my niche, spending money at this point won't help me achieve my goal. 

Today I am back in full force on my Solar Energy. I downloaded an ebook named "The Clean Tech Revolution" by Ron Pernick and Clint Wilder from the library. This book was written a while back but I thought it would still be relevant because we are still in the revolutionary period. I have also been doing quite a bit of looking around to get some sort of certification course online or in the city so that I could start looking for a job in the industry. Few programs I came across during my investigation were Penn State, Chisholm AustraliaStanford University and Solar Energy International (SEI). Price ranges from $2000-$12000 but instead of taking couple of classes here and couple of classes there, I think it would be wise to get a proper certification  from job prospects. If I eventually go this route, I will have to max out my credit cards. Nothing decided yet.

I also went to the CentreLink today (Govt welfare) and have been scheduled to meet up with a job placement company on Monday. Hopefully I can find some part time job while I venture in a new career path as well as support my family as much as I can.

And today, the most anticipated match up of Australian open between the two greats, Federer lost to Djoko in 4 sets, moving him to the Finals. Next set set of semi is tomorrow and Murray is likely going to win that. Djoko vs. Murray for the slam and Djoko winning his 5th Aus open. Good for him.

Manakamana temple, destroyed in the quake of April 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment