Monday, February 25, 2019

Blogging again

It has been almost two years since I blogged. So I thought it was a good time to write about what is all going on with life.

I just got back from my karate class (yup!). I try to go 3 days a week. This is only my third week though, and I feel like I have already learned quite a bit. Yahvie goes to Karate class as well, same place. That's how I got in it as well.

Ravi is my son, who is 10 months old now. Born 3rd April, 2018. He is precious.

Still living in Fremont, CA. Same rental house as in 2017.

I am working for WDC. At times it sucks. I log in between 50-60 hours a week. And sometimes weekend support from home as well. I don't really care working more hours, but it also doesn't leave me much time to do stuff I like doing outside of work, and family. Which is why it sometimes sucks.

Mop&Bucket

This is a new app idea I have been playing with since first week of January. It's an app for hotels and it's guests. Guest can schedule Daily House Keeping via the app, which encourages it's user to skip HK for a reward. Hotels benefit by cleaning fewer rooms.

I even have a wire frame for the app. But now I am stuck - as always when it comes to taking the idea to potential businesses. I suck at this. I am an introvert deep inside, so it's always hard for me to go out and market what I have. I can always have ideas but without this "extrovert" like skill set, I am doomed to fail no matter.

I came across a TEDx video on youtube yesterday. It was Jia Jiang 100 days of rejection. It's inspiring at the same time scary if I were to do it. Ask random things from a stranger, WHAT? RUN!!

But I realized that's exactly what I am missing in my ideas. For example, in case of Mop&Bucket, I have the prototype ready. Now.....all I have to do is go out, talk to a stranger (hotel/lodge), and ask if they would like to try out my app when I had it. Totally random right? Yep.. aaaaaaand scary.

Can I do it?

When will I start?

Is it possible?

Will I get all NOs? 100 hotels in Bay area and ask the same exact question to 100 managers?

Phew....

Even if I did 1 per day during my lunch break, that's 5 per week.
Then, over the weekend, may be 2-3 more. That's about 7 per week. One everyday. It's a lot of emotional roller coster.

I don't know if I can handle it.

But like Jia Jiang says, each rejection makes you stronger.

Maybe I really should do this - offer mop&bucket to 100 hotel managers in the Bay Area. Seriously..




No comments:

Post a Comment