Monday, February 25, 2019

After Trump won, I moved back to America!

Old post (published on later date)

The timing of the election and its outcome (Trump's victory) were mere coincidences. Everything else wasn't.

January of 2016, I moved to Melbourne, Australia with my wife and a five year old daughter. We were moving out of Nepal and moving into Australia. By then, Trump's presidential campaign was in full force. Although the primaries were still few months out, the presidential races, on both sides, were gaining momentum.

In Australia, I was hoping to gain my own speed towards somewhat stalled life. After spending all of the twelve months in the year 2015 in Nepal, I was ready to "move on" and "do something".

But Australia was a new territory. My wife went to school in Melbourne, but I had never lived there. Without any plans, I took a dive down under.

Sometimes you have to jump off the cliff, and only hope that you may land somewhere in between a swimming pool or a trampoline. As long as I knew I wasn't going to die falling off the cliff, rest didn't matter.

After enrolling in government welfare program within the first week of our settlement in the new country, I knew I had to make few decisions... very soon. Those decisions were eventually going to shape up my as well as my family's future. So, it was quite serious.

After few days of research, I quickly noticed that Australians were really into this solar power thing. With little research I decided that's what I wanted to do; learn about solar panels, and eventually have something of my own. If Trump can run for president, why can't I sell panels to the Ozzy's? Although for the record, Trump really wasn't my source of inspiration.....to be continued







No comments:

Post a Comment