Sunday, February 19, 2017

Onsite Job interview

In Silicon Valley, an electrical engineer with eight years of experience, but almost three years of recent gap in his career, is struggling to land a job. It's been three months and the search continues.

That engineer is none but yours truly.

Last week, I had a phone interview with Sandisk, a company that is a competitor of my previous employer, Micron Tech. The requirement for the position had a nice fit with my qualification. So, one of the colleagues who happen to work at Sandisk managed to forward my resume to the HM (hiring manager).

I got selected for a phone interview. And, next week, I have a chance to land this job. The company has invited me for an on-site.

So, I have been drinking (coffee), studying, and drinking again. Because, honestly, I am so sick of looking for a job. If I don't get this job, I don't know what'll happen next. I don't even know how we can afford after-school care for Yahvie, which we have promised her starting next month.

Lately, financial insecurity has been a serious topic in my life. I have never been so broke, never felt so helpless financially, and never put off so many things because I don't have $$. The chasm of poverty is almost sickening.

I am writing this during my study break. I know I am a bit slow to update my blog in the month of Feb. That's because I am busy preparing for the interview. Once I land a job, I will continue to write, and more frequently.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment