Monday, January 30, 2017

नेपालको पानी जनताको लगानी - Online Form

Invest in Nepal's Hydropower - Energy Ministry

Online form where you can show your commitment for investment


I saw a banner ad on onlinekhabar.com regarding an opportunity to invest in future of Nepal's Hydropower. When I clicked on that ad, this is where it took me...It was Energy Ministry's website...

The direct link is http://www.moenonline.moen.gov.np/login

The landing page on the site was a login page, which was a bit awkward and unexpected. For someone who doesn't know what the government is up to, it may be hard to figure out what this is all about. But I am well informed on recent developments in Nepali Hydro. I didn't digress.

I got super excited, primarily because this was my first online experience dealing with Nepal's government. How cool is that? 

If you haven't read my other post on this blog, you should know that I lived in Nepal for 12 months in the year 2015. During my stay in Nepal, I had seen many long lines outside the banks and financial institutions, where people lined up for hours just to submit their form to purchase public shares each time a Hydro company was set to go public (HIDCL was probably the worst of all)

I never stood in line but I always wanted to make an investment in Hydro..

So, when I saw the same opportunity in front of me, at the convenient of my own computer screen, I jumped on it like a hungry lion on it's prey. Ok, that's an embellishment.

But, seriously, without wasting any time, I created a new account.

But before I created an account, I noticed there were couple of links at the top right of the page. 

By clicking them, I quickly found that both those links have official document from the Energy Ministry and the Minister telling you a bit more about the government's hydro campaign - the kind of information you would expect to see on a well thought landing page..

If you don't know much about this investment program, it's a good idea to spend few minutes reading both those documents..I read both..

Then, I created a new account and logged in. 

This is where it took me..a welcome page.

The welcome page didn't have much content or information. Again, that's certainly an area for improvement, although I am hopeful that will change in the near future..

I saw a link below the "स्वागत छ", and so I clicked on it. 

Note: If you look at the top right where is says NP, that's where you can switch your page between English and Nepali. By default, the setting is Nepali. I kept mine as is. 

By clicking on शेयर लगानी प्रतिबद्दताको फारम भर्नुहोस् link, it takes you to this glorious investment form.

The form looked like this....
The design of the form was simple and even responsive (meaning the form would nicely adjust to your screen size). Better than most of the online forms I have seen so far in various websites from Nepal. Great job bidhee


I filled out the form, one step at a time. The second to last step is where you review all the information you have provided, and finally, you then submit your form.

Few things you need handy while filling out..

  • नागरिकता नम्बर, जारी मिति, जारी जिल्ला 
  • बाजेको नाम 
  • पासपोर्ट नम्बर 


If you are outside Nepal while filling out, you can enter contact details of your representative in Nepal, like your dad or brother, or sister. Someone in the family..someone you trust I guess...

Like I said, the form is simple and easy to understand. If English terminologies are easier for you to understand, make sure you switch to English version before you start..

I committed 10 lakhs. Good thing is it let's you make payments in installment over five years. Something to keep in mind when you decide how much to invest.

I distributed mine over 4 years; 3 lakhs X3 + 1 lakh in the fourth year.


Once you review all the information, go ahead and submit the form..

I didn't receive any email confirmation once I submitted..but it did show on-screen confirmation, which was good enough for now.

The whole process of filling out this Hydro investment form and submitting was very smooth. No glitches, no hiccups, easy. 

It's sad I am saying this today but considering that it is the service provided by our famously dysfunctional Nepali government, even this simple "working" form made me feel so proud in so many ways. Kudos to the Minister and the team. A light at the end of the tunnel... powered by नेपालको पानी indeed!!

I will now patiently wait and see when/if I hear anything back from the ministry regarding this. 

Just remember, what you are doing by filling out this form is just showing that you are willing to make investment through the नेपालको पानी जनताको लगानी campaign. You don't have to make any payment now. 

Hopefully the energy ministry keeps it commitment to this hydro campaign, because that's the only way I will keep my commitment to the investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment